There are plenty of things to do in Trang town and Trang province, away from the crowds in neighbouring Krabi and Phuket.
Pak Meng beach, Trang, Thailand © AmazingLanta.com
Things to do in Trang include:
- wandering through Trang Town
- relaxing on the local beaches, especially Pak Meng, Yao and Sikao beaches
- scenic drives in the picturesque countryside
- exploring the local Buddha caves
Check Booking.com for Trang accommodation on your travel dates:
Trang is perhaps most famous for the islands located just off the Trang province mainland. These islands are small and largely undeveloped, with just a handful of resorts on each one.
- Koh Muk is the most famous island, thanks to its spectacular Emerald Cave. It’s a short ferry ride away.
- Koh Libong, Koh Kradan and Koh Ngai are the three other nearby islands to Trang.
You can book ferry tickets online from Trang to Koh Muk, Koh Kradan, Koh Muk and Koh Libong through 12Go. See our Trang Ferries page for detailed information.
Trang is also located a couple of hours away from Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi, so it’s easy to move on after a few days. See our Trang, Krabi and Phuket map for a sense of how near these places are to each other.