Use a Thailand currency converter to work out local costs. The information is updated automatically to give you the most recent market rates.
You can get the latest currency rates from an online currency converter.
Useful Money Tips For Your Trip To Thailand:
- Thailand’s currency is the Thai Baht. Vendors are unlikely to accept any other currency.
- You are better off exchanging money to Thai Baht when you arrive in Thailand rather than in your home country. You will get a better rate.
- ATMs are widely available everywhere in Thailand and most accept foreign credit and debit cards that are part of the major networks – Visa, MasterCard and so on.
- When you withdraw money from a Thailand ATM using a foreign card, you will be charged 220 Baht for using the ATM. This is on top of your own bank’s foreign currency exchange fees.
- Therefore it makes sense to take out one large sum of money (20,000 THB is usually the daily maximum limit for most ATMs).
- Credit cards are also widely accepted in almost all retail outlets including bars and restaurants and even 7-11. There is sometimes a minimum charge, typically 200 to 300 THB.
- The best way to save money is by getting a multi-currency debit card with companies like Transferwise or Revolut. You top-up the card from your home bank account and then exchange currencies through an app on your phone at a much better rate than you can get from ATMs or money exchange booths. That way you can have a Thai Baht balance on your card and use it in restaurants etc without having to pay foreign transaction fees.
Start Planning Your Trip To Trang Now!
:: Book flights to and from Trang with 12Go - one search will find times and prices for your preferred dates, sourced from multiple airlines. Quick and easy.
:: Find the best hotels in Trang on Booking.com, with free cancellations. You can reserve a room upfront with no payment and settle the bill when you check out.
:: Book an airport transfer for hassle-free travel – a driver will meet you in Arrivals when you land and take you directly to your hotel.
:: Book bus, train and ferry tickets from Trang to other parts of Thailand with 12Go's easy to use website – you can check timetables and buy tickets online.
:: Make sure you don't forget any essentials with our comprehensive Thailand Packing List.
:: Flying into Bangkok? Buy a Thai SIM card online to pick up at the airport on arrival in Thailand or a Pocket Wifi router – connect up to six devices for immediate internet access on your phone.
:: World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world.
:: Need some inspiration? Our Things To Do In Trang page has ideas of where to go and what to do.